It is with a very heavy heart that I post today about the loss of our beloved Grandma Candy. At 86 years young, Grandma lived one exceptional life. From the moment Tim and I met almost 12 years ago, I could immediately tell how special Grandma was to him and how involved she was in his life. As years passed, I too created a wonderful relationship with Grandma. Then we brought our children into the world and those little kids meant the world to her. She loved them (and us) with all her heart. Over the past few years as her health started to decline some, I began helping her with cleaning and various odds and ends. I would go over every Monday night to help with whatever needed to be done. Tim and I and the kids would take her hamburgers on the weekends as she didn't get her food delivery on those days. Several months ago we found a fast food restaurant that served funnel cakes and those became her new favorite so we made sure we started bringing those too. These things just became part of our weekly routine. It is hard for us to know where to go from here, how to move forward without doing these things we have become so accustomed to. Grandma became more than a grandma, she was also a friend. We would have endless conversations about whatever came to mind. I am going to miss her terribly. It is safe to say we are all completely heartbroken by this loss. The children are taking it hard as they were so close to her and spent so much time with her. This is hard for them to understand and comprehend as this is their first real encounter with loosing someone. I hope that we can keep her memory alive with all the happy memories we have and all the times that we have all shared with her. The pain goes deep right now as we miss her so much. We all look forward to the day when we can see her again.
50 degrees yesterday!
12 years ago


No comments:
Post a Comment