Tuesday, September 27, 2016

First Days of School

Both kids started their first days of school over the past month. Brody started 1st grade at All Saints and Briana started her last year of preschool at St. Alphonsus.

Things are going great so far, both kids enjoy school and have lots of friends. I was asked by Brody's teacher to volunteer some of my time in the classroom this year so I am doing that while Briana is in preschool. I go on Tuesday, Thursday and Friday for about 2 and a half hours. So far I have been working a lot on reading with the kids which is a specialty area of mine so I am really enjoying it. I will be going back to work next year when Briana goes to Kindergarten so this is definitely a step in the right direction to start to prepare me for that. Brody loves having me there and I already know most of the kids so it has been an easy transition for all of us. I have also joined the board of our PTA this year and am chairing my first event next Friday which is our annual Fun Night. To say I have a full plate might be a bit of an understatement! :) But I am really enjoying it and it is a lot of fun!

Brody is doing spelling in 1st grade and is also doing a lot more testing in the areas of reading and math. He continues to excel in all areas and is at the top of his class in all subjects. This kid LOVES to read!!! We go to the library at least once a week and he goes through his 6 books within a day or so. He reminds me a lot of myself when I was his age.

Briana is growing and learning every day. She is such a well behaved little girl at school and I get a lot of compliments on her behavior. We still have a lot of separation issues when I leave her, I am hoping that as the year progresses we can get past this. She is very interested in writing letters and drawing. We are working on sight words and she knows all her letters and letter sounds. She is writing her name beautifully. We have been going to story time at the library on Monday's which she always enjoys. She is excelling in all areas at school and is a very bright little girl!






























Brody is about halfway through his second season of soccer. Last week was his third game and he scored his first goal!!! He was so excited and we were so proud of him! We are looking forward to basketball season starting up soon!

No comments: