We had such a wonderful Easter this year! Both kids are at awesome ages to where they really are into holidays and it makes it that much more fun! We did quite a few egg hunts this year. We did one at Wilson Elementary which is near our house, one at the Niabi Zoo, one at home, one at Grandma Candy's and one at Grandma and Grandpa's. The kids were very into seeing how many eggs they could get this year. At the Wilson one both kids left with over flowing baskets! Brody was shaking a lot of the eggs to try and determine what was in them before picking them up and also wanted to open them as he went along to see what was inside. We celebrated Easter the night before at Grandma and Candy's and celebrated on Easter Sunday with church, a nice brunch (just the 4 of us) and then dinner at Grandma and Grandpa's.
The kids visited the Easter Bunny at the mall and I also decided to get some pictures of them together in the Easter outfits at the portrait studio. This is the first time I have done photos of them together at a studio since right around when Briana turned 18 months. Pictures have gotten so much easier with the two of them which makes it fun and enjoyable to have them done. Brody is an absolute ham and flirt all rolled in to one when he gets his pictures taken now. It is hilarious to watch him show off for the lady taking his pictures!
We have made two trips to the zoo so far since they opened last month and have been getting outside more and more now that the weather is getting nicer. We try to go for a walk each day and have also been to the park to feed the ducks a few times. We have visited a few playgrounds around town as well. We are very excited for summer to arrive and all of the fun things we will be able to do then!
Brody continues to do very well in school and he is maturing more and more each day. He has been writing his name on his own for several months now and shows daily gains in a variety of areas. We are so, so proud of how far he has come and I love getting excellent reports each day when I pick him up from school. He is very outgoing and has such a great group of friends at school, it really is like a little family there. He loves his teacher so much and I can tell she loves him too and he holds a special place in her heart which means the world to me. We are sticking with our original plan of waiting an extra year before we send him to Kindergarten. He is one of the youngest in his preschool class (out of 20 children, only 4 have a birthday after him) and I just feel he needs the extra year to mature a little more before he is in school full time. Academically he is ready but he definitely needs a little more time to grow and prepare him for sitting all day in a desk. I was nervous to talk to his teacher about it (I did tell her this at the beginning of the year but I think she thought I would change my mind) and she did ask me a few times if "I was sure" but once I explained my full reasoning she understood and said she has had many parents do it as well (by their own choice) and not one of them regretted it. One of my biggest fears was Brody not being able to stay at the school he is at and us having to find somewhere new to send him next year and pretty much starting over. But thankfully he will stay where he is with his current teacher and everything will work out great! He is going to go just two days this summer to keep the consistency and then 3 days in the fall.
Briana is talking so wonderfully it just blows us a way! She is a chatterbox! She uses words like amazing and ruined, it is just crazy the things she picks up at just 2 and a half years old. I cannot believe how often I get asked how old she is and when I say 2 and a half people are just shocked by not only how much she talks but how clearly and how well she puts sentences together. We started music class back up this week after a break since before the holidays because they have not been able to get enough kids enrolled to get the sessions going again. She is doing very well with listening and following directions at music and she just amazes me with how well behaved she is there. We continue to go to library on Wednesday mornings and she likes to sit up in the front with the kids now and listens to stories and also participates well in marching around the room and dancing to songs. She has started to like building with legos and still enjoys playing with her baby dolls. She likes to draw, paint and play with play-doh. She is such a bright little girl and is learning new things each day. She is very funny and is developing a little attitude. She will "sigh" when she is asked to do something she doesn't want to, followed by "but Moooooom". We are still dealing with the "tantrum phase" but are hopeful that as she starts school this fall this will help her to outgrow this phase. We are working with her on using her words as opposed to using whines. She will start going where Brody is in the fall for two mornings a week.
We had an awesome run with a healthy household but our luck ran out last week when both kids ended up with strep. Brody had six kids out with it in his preschool class so I guess it was bound to catch up with us. When I took them to the doctor I had them check the last time each kid had an antibiotic because I knew it had been a long time. For Brody it was October 2012 for an ear infection and for Briana it was September 2012 for an ear infection. So over a year and a half for both of them which is great!! Especially considering how tough of a winter this was on everyone with lots of sickness!
Our family is excited to announce our newest family member: Carter Micheal Jakubowski!! He arrived last Friday evening and we are all so very excited for Kimberly and Craig! We are counting down the days until we get to meet our sweet new nephew and cousin! This kids are over the moon, especially Brody who is so excited it is a BOY! The minute Carter was born Brody drew a picture of him that said "I love you Carter!" So cute! Congratulations Kim and Craig!
No comments:
Post a Comment