First off we would like to congratulate our good friends Jordan and Stephanie and big brother Carter on adding a new member to their family this weekend. Stella Ann was born on Saturday night and we got to meet her early Sunday morning. We were also at the hospital when big brother met her for the first time. I of course had tears as that is such a special moment!! Congratulations to all three of you, just one more little friend to add to our group of kiddos!! I had to add a couple pictures in here of the Hawkeye Diaper cake I made them as I am so proud of how it turned out!!
Things seem to be so busy around here and the weeks are flying by! I can't believe it but Brody's school starts on August 16th!?! That seems super early to me but I guess school starts earlier these days. Many of the area preschools do not start until after Labor Day but since ours is in an elementary school that makes sense that we go on their calendar. I am not ready for it and am actually having tons of anxiety about it but I know it is good for him and he will love it. We have had some regressions with potty training, number one being Briana being born which put a serious halt in a ton of progress we had made but I am seeing a light at the end of the tunnel and hoping we are on the right track. I just take a deep breath and remind myself that boys will be boys.
We had a very exciting past two weekends. Last weekend we had our friends Natalie and Bryan and their two boys over to play. Brody and Brayden always have a great time together and Jacob and Briana decided they like to kiss each other so we have that going for us! :) They are only 6 weeks apart in age but Jacob is running and climbing everywhere and Briana is just not so sure about that yet. On Sunday we went to a different spray park in Davenport, and of course Brody loved every minute of it!
This weekend we celebrated a very special birthday as our little friend Jacob turned 1!! Happy Birthday to one of our favorite little boys! We celebrated with a fun party on Saturday night. Brody had so much fun playing with all the kids! Such a great time!
We also got together with our friends the Johnson's over the weekend so the kids could play. We got out the pools and water tables outside and the kids had fun going down the "water slide". Brody is a natural born fish, he just loves the water. He also loves to play outside and would stay out there forever if we would let him!
I had to take Briana to the doctor yesterday and found out that she is most likely allergic to Pampers Diapers! What!?! It is the craziest thing as I have been using them since birth, with some Huggies here and there, but mostly Pampers and I have always used them with Brody. She developed a pretty bad rash a few weeks ago and it went away but then it came back pretty bad again so I thought I'd better get it checked out. What I thought was bad diaper rash is a reaction to the diaper. Pretty crazy with how expensive Pampers are. We are going to switch to Huggies and see how it goes. Poor thing! She is just barely weighing in at 19 pounds so we are not ready to ditch the carrier just yet. Hopefully soon though as it is getting soo heavy! Other than that she is doing great!
50 degrees yesterday!
12 years ago
No comments:
Post a Comment