






























Wow, the last two weeks have literally flown by. I keep saying I need to make a post and the time just seems to slip away. Brody completed his swim lessons last Saturday. He really seemed to enjoy them even though he hated being on his back. Briana turned 10 months old last week as well. So crazy that in just 7 weeks we will have a ONE year old!!! She has sprouted two more teeth over the past week. Instead of getting the traditional bottom two front teeth and then top two front teeth, she has her top two side teeth coming in. Tim calls her a little vampire. I remember we never knew when Brody was teething until he got his one year molars because he never acted any differently. Briana has let us know this is bothering her but I am hoping she is getting past the painful part. The doctor had told us that they are in way more pain prior to the tooth breaking through so we are hoping she is through the toughest part for now. She seems to be getting a cluster of teeth all at once, wonder how many more are going to come through? We did the Race for the Cure this past weekend and made our second trip to the zoo for the year. Briana was awake this time so this was her first real zoo trip. Brody fed the animals for the first time, he mostly threw the food at them but he seemed to like doing it. His favorite part as always was the train. On Sunday we took Brody to the spray park in Rock Island. He has an absolute blast!! He is a real fish and has no fear when it comes to water. He would stand right over the top of where the water shoots out and let it spray him in the face. He just loves the water and asks to go swimming everyday. We are continuing our weekly visits to library story time and Brody is having such a great time and doing well with listening and sitting. He can sing many of the songs we sing there after only hearing them a handful of times. His language continues to explode! Last weekend we got a little pizza making kit for Brody from Papa Murphy's were he could make his own little pizza. Such a cute idea and he did great making his cheese pizza. I am working on many of the things for Briana's birthday party so that has been taking up the little free time I do have. It is definitely a little harder now that Briana is mobile to get things done. Briana has been trying new foods, she is on step 3 baby food and seems to be taking the chunkiness very well. I really think she is ready to eat people food but I will wait until 1 like I did with Brody. She is only taking a small amount for bottles (she always has been) so I am hoping that she will really take off with real food. She has tried mashed potatoes and small apple pieces and loves to feed herself puffs. She is clapping all the time and is very animated. She lights up when she sees Tim, Brody or myself. So sweet. She is not pulling up yet but is standing strong when we stand her up. I am in absolutely NO hurry for her to walk or even start cruising so she can take all the time she needs! Brody continues to be his sweet, loving self. He is always asking for hugs and kisses and is just so affectionate, I love every minute of it! We are so truly blessed and lucky. Today we went and surprised Daddy at work with some special treats for Father's Day. We are very lucky to have such a great man in our lives! To all the Dad's out there, have a very Happy Father's Day!! We (or should I say Tim) hope to spend ours relaxing, watching golf. :)
No comments:
Post a Comment