Busy, busy, busy pretty much sums up our lives these days! This weekend started the busiest 6 weeks I think we have had in years. It is the time of year of weddings, showers, graduations, birthdays and cook outs/get togethers. This weekend was very busy for us. On Friday night we went to the 8th grade graduation for Matthew, a little boy that Mommy has babysit since two years old (and I must say it makes me feel super old that he will be a high schooler next year!). The graduation was at our church since he is a student at JFK. Brody lasted about 15 minutes of it and then Daddy had to take him out to drive around. He is just not at the age to handle those types of things yet but we wanted to try. Luckily Daddy did take him out as the ceremony lasted an hour and a half which he could never have handled, so Mommy stayed and Brody and Daddy joined me at the end. On Saturday we celebrated our Godson, Carvel Cash's 1st Birthday. We would like to wish him a very Happy Birthday and it is so hard to believe he is 1 now! Brody had a lot of fun at the party and he showed off something we have never seen before, his basketball skills. This kid is literally an all around athlete. Brody had quite the audience and every time he made a basket the "crowd" went wild! He definitely loved the attention and soaked up every minute of it! On Sunday Mommy hosted a surprise baby shower for one of my best friends, Natalie. The weather was perfect and she was very surprised so that made me very happy! We had a nice turn out and enjoyed a special afternoon celebrating her and soon to arrive baby boy Luchsinger. In the midst of all of this, Daddy left for Houston on his biggest trip of the year. And of course, as it never fails, we had terrible storms last night and our basement got flooded. Luckily I have my parents so close and my Dad came and took care of it all as I am in no shape to be doing that at almost 7 1/2 months pregnant. I don't know what I would do without them! We have been very lucky as it has almost been 1 year since we got flooded last. This storm was just way too powerful and there was no getting around it. Hoping for decent weather for the rest of the week!
Brody is doing AMAZING right now, he is doing so many new things I don't even know where to start. First off, he is counting to 10, clearly and all on his own. Mommy has worked with him on counting for a very long time. In the past few months he has begun to do it on his own but about two weeks ago we were playing in the bath tub and he lined up all of his toys and counted them for me from 1-10 clear as day! I started crying and hugged him and was just so proud! And it is so cute to listen to him count. He is also doing his ABC's. He gets going a little quickly with his letters but we will keep working on them. He is pointing at everything and wanting us to tell him what things are that he doesn't know. His language is really taking off. He continues to do more and more things on his own and is really a little helper these days. But, he is a 2 year old, and still continues to get into things he shouldn't and is very sneaky about it. He loves to get into our pantry and throws out canned food onto the floor. He also thinks he can "hide" after doing something naughty and we won't be able to find him. His version of hiding is laying on the floor and burying his head. Funny little boy! This age is so much fun!
Things continue to progress on the baby front. I had my 29 week appointment on Friday and also had my Gestational Diabetes test. The nurse said I passed with flying colors, which was good news as no one wants to be restricted on what they can eat while pregnant. I am anemic again this time so I will need to take extra iron to help with that. I was a little concerned as I don't feel like I have gained a lot of weight but the doctor said I am right on track, measuring good and doing everything right. She said you gain the most weight at the end so it will be interesting to see what happens over the next 11 weeks!
No comments:
Post a Comment