Monday, June 6, 2011

26 months, Memorial Day and more!















As we have mentioned in previous posts, the month of June is very crazy for us which is why there hasn't been a post in two weeks! We spent Memorial Day weekend painting Brody and the baby's room. It took a few days as we had to move things, paint trim, etc. I am pleased to say the painting is done and looks great. The colors turned out perfect. There was not much time for much else during our holiday weekend but we did manage to get outside and enjoy the weather a little. We hope everyone had a nice holiday.

This weekend Aunt Kimberly was in town and it was a super busy weekend for Mommy. Kim is getting married in just two short months and this weekend was all about celebrating her! On Friday night her girlfriends put on a nice shower at Biaggi's, Saturday night Melissa and I put on a Bachelorette party at Kelly's Irish Pub and yesterday Melissa, Paula, Katie and I did a bridal shower at the Outing Club. It was a very nice weekend and we are so happy for Kimberly and Craig. I loved all the planning and being able to do something nice for Kim for once as it is usually her doing something nice for everyone else! Everything turned out perfect and I could tell Kimberly was a very happy Bride to Be!

In the midst of the busy weekend, we also had a wedding in LeClaire for Michelle, a girl that used to work for Mommy a few summers ago. The wedding was outside and they had a small dessert reception afterwards. We are learning that Brody is at an age were he is just not quite ready to handle these kind of events as he gets wants to go, go, go and not sit still. He was pretty well behaved there, just would rather run around than sit at a table, which is typical of any two year old boy. He really enjoyed a cupcake that he used his spoon to eat the frosting off of, pretty cute.

Brody continues to do something new everyday. His alphabet is getting clearer by the day, he can now count to 15 and he names the animal sounds of a Cow, Duck, Dog and Cat. Daddy will ask him "What does a Brody say?" and he says "Tickle, Tickle". It is really funny to say but Brody has turned into what we call a "Little Hoarder". He will take a variety of toys or other objects and make a pile of them in a corner or if Mommy is sitting on the couch he will pile them on the couch and then want to sit next to me with all of his objects. He continues to pick up new words, the newest are trees and he will say "cheese" when you take his picture. He is so cute and funny! We were able to get in the big pool for this first time this summer and even though it was a little cold Brody loved it as usual. He is almost too big for his floaty so we have gotten a couple of other things we will try and are sure that by next summer he will be swimming on his own as he is a natural born fish!

On the baby front, we have finally agreed on a name for our daughter, Briana Catherine. This was a girl name we liked when we were pregnant with Brody also but it didn't make the top picks with Daddy this time until a few weeks ago. It will be neat to have both our children have "B" names since we are both "T"'s. I am now 31 weeks, with just under 9 weeks to go. I went to the doctor on Thursday and things are progressing well, heartbeat was 146. I am measuring a little small but she said that is ok. I have been told to limit my activity and take it as easy as possible, which was the same thing I was told around this time when I was pregnant with Brody. I have anemia due to the pregnancy, which I also had with Brody, and causes me to get dizzy and faint sometimes. I fainted a lot with Brody but am doing ok so far this time. Once we get through June I am hoping to put my feet up and relax for the month of July! We are almost finished with Brody's "big boy " room, all we have left is to hang things on the walls and switch the closets. We are finished with the toy room downstairs and so far have two pieces of furniture put together for the baby's room. We hope to have it done by the end of the weekend. It is all coming together! Pictures to follow! Daddy has been working very hard and it is very much appreciated!!!

No comments: