It is definitely winter as we have had snow and cold over the past month. School has been cancelled a few times and there have been some days I have just kept Brody home because I didn't think it was worth going out! We haven't been able to enjoy playing in the snow much because the temps have been cold. We definitely have cabin fever but I try and get the kids out to do fun things as much as I can!
We had some very exciting visitors this past month, Papa Mike and Grandma Debbie! The kids were so excited to see them and it was great to spend a few days with them. It is always hard when they leave and Brody had a really hard time with it this time and asked everyday for a week after they left when he could see them again. :( Hopefully we will get to see them again soon!
Brody has been getting some awesome compliments from his teacher and I just feel so very proud of him. He is growing and maturing everyday and I love to get good reports of how well he is doing in school. He has tons of friends and the kids at school really are like a "little family". The kids love me too and hug me each day when I pick up Brody, it is really cute. Brody is blossoming so much and I just love to see all the new things he can do. He has started reading to Briana and it melts my heart every time I see it. He is doing great on writing his name and cutting. He still really enjoys art and making things. He is so creative, and is very creative in his play. It is hard to believe but is 6 weeks he will be 5! The time just flies by so quickly but we have been so lucky to cherish every moment.
Briana is growing and maturing as well. She loves the word "no" and is not afraid to use it. She gives "evil" looks on a regular basis that give a new meaning to "if looks could kill (seriously!!)" I often have to go in the other room to keep from laughing in front of her. Her vocabulary is through the roof and the other day when she told me something was "ruined" I about fell over. She used the word correctly and it is just crazy as I don't know where she gets half the stuff she says! She is very eager to go to preschool and has told me she really wants to go so she can "wash her hands" as she sees all the big kids at Brody's school wash their hands. She loves to sing and dance and is such a happy and free little girl. Such an awesome stage in her life. Everything is "I can do it myself" even though she should not be doing it herself but I let her try. She keeps us laughing all the time, that is for sure.
We have been keeping busy this winter with trips to the museum, the movies and Monkey Joe's. We have seen Disney Frozen twice and if you haven't seen it, you must! It is great, I may have enjoyed it more than the kids! :)
50 degrees yesterday!
12 years ago
No comments:
Post a Comment