Wednesday, October 17, 2012

14 months and fall fun!

Briana just turned 14 months old and it is crazy how fast time has flown since her birthday.  She is growing and changing everyday.  She is full out walking everywhere and she is a climber, which Brody was not, so I know we are going to have our hands full with that!  She is into everything and continues to have a little sass in her. :)  She is very much into having things her way and will let you know if it is not.  She has FINALLY learned to drink from a sippy cup (thank goodness!) and continues to try new food all the time.  With her weight being on the low side I am still supplementing her with a morning and night time bottle and some baby food here and there so we will see where her weight is at her 15 month appointment late next month and go from there.

We have done great over the past few years but last weekend all four of us got hit really bad with being sick.  Four bad colds that turned into ear infections (yes for all of us!) along with 5 doctor visits and 6 kinds of medicine.  We are all finally on the mend but it was a rough week.  Both Brody and Briana even had cold symptoms in their eyes which was awful!  Hopefully we are over and done with all of that for awhile.



























Brody continues to do great and I am so proud of the little boy he is becoming.  He still is very much a 3 year old and loves to push Mommy and Daddy's buttons but he is growing and changing all the time.  I have seen so much growth and maturity since August that it amazes me.  He still has a long way to go but each day he is showing me he can take on new things.  He has become very helpful with his sister and helping around the house too which helps me out.  He is asking a lot of questions which continues to help his vocabulary grow. I am very confident we are going to continue to see tons of growth in him this year and that waiting a year to start preschool was definitely the right choice. He loves doing crafts and different learning activities and is very into reading right now.  I think this year he has some understanding of Santa and has started to ask for a few little things he wants.  I am going to enjoy that for this year because I am sure next year he will have a list a mile long.

Our weather continues to be mild so we are getting out and playing as much as we can.  We have been going on nature walks and are continuing to visit the zoo on weeks that it is nice.

We are getting very excited for Halloween!  Brody loves his costume and can't wait to go Trick or Treating! They are both adorable in their costumes, I will have to post pictures soon!

No comments: