Monday, February 6, 2012

Happy Half Birthday Briana Catherine!!

















Briana turned six months old this past week and as always we are wondering were the time has gone! She is getting so big and it is hard to believe it has already been half a year since she was born. She was able to try baby food for this first time this weekend and I will say so far she is definitely not a fan. We are having some trouble with her eating so I was not surprised that she did not care for the baby food. She is gaining weight so we know she is getting the nutrition she needs but she often fights us on her bottles and her cereal. We go to the doctor on the 16th for her check up so we will see what we find out then. Hopefully it is normal and we will just have to wait things out. She does eat very well at certain times, it just all depends on her mood. We are on Briana time and what she says goes. :)

Brody and I have been doing a lot of crafts lately and he is always asking me for a "craft please." I have been working with him on manners and he says "please" after almost everything he asks, even if it is something he knows he can't have at that particular moment, which makes it hard to say no. Potty training is going about the same but he has been waking up consistently dry in the mornings for a few weeks now so I know we are definitely headed in the right direction. It is funny because he has a sticker chart for going potty and gets a few mini M and M's each time he goes and when he is just not feeling it he will get off his potty and say "No stickers, no candy, no potty, Mom". So he definitely knows his rewards for going. One of these days it will all come together.

Brody got a train table from Grandma and Grandpa for Christmas and I am proud to say I put the whole thing together by myself on Saturday. Brody loves playing with it and it is cute to hear him pretending and making sounds with the cars and trains. He found a Cubs helmet in the basement and he has to wear it all the time now, it is a new favorite.

We are very excited for Valentine's Day next week and the kids and I will be working on lots of fun things over the next week to get ready for it. So much fun!

Hope everyone is doing well!

No comments: