e
e
m
l
For some reason our previous post showed up dated Tuesday July 26th instead of Tuesday August 2nd. I had written that post on Tuesday afternoon and around 4:00 that day things took a change and we got ready to prepare for the arrival of our daughter. I was very nervous as I was scheduled to be induced on Thursday August 4th. I hoped and prayed that I would be able to go into labor on my own and thankfully my wish came true. I had visited my doctor on Tuesday morning to talk about the induction and to try and make me feel more comfortable. The baby was starting to measure a little bit smaller (so I was losing measurement) probably due to only gaining 17 pounds this pregnancy and her movements were becoming less and less (as obviously she had no room!) I started having pretty intense contractions around 4 P.M. and was able to tough them out at home until around 2 A.M but started having some pretty bad back labor so I said we should probably get to the hospital. I had been dilated to a 4 for a few weeks so once we got to the hospital I was a 5 and half way there. They admitted us and around 7 A.M. the doctor broke my water and gave me some medication to speed up the contractions. This seemed to make things go pretty fast. Compared to Brody this labor was definitely much quicker but this one was more painful as she was near my spine. Our beautiful daughter, Briana Catherine, was born on Wednesday August 3rd at 10:31 A.M. She weighed in at 8 pounds 2 ounces and was 18 1/4 inches long. We were all absolutely shocked that she weighed 8 pounds as for the past month one of the doctors told me I needed to gain more weight and that I was measuring too small. Plus that is exactly 2 pounds bigger than her brother was, but he was also 3 weeks and 1 day early. Guess Briana had us all fooled and she was hiding in there very well! She is absolutely perfect and it was an amazing experience just as it was when Brody was born. During the hospital stay I had Tim stay at home with Brody during the nights and had my Mom stay with me. We got home late Friday afternoon and are adjusting to life with a newborn again. Brody is adjusting pretty well, he had a tough afternoon yesterday where he wanted to cry every time she cried but he is also getting his two year bottom molars so it is hard to tell what is bothering him more. For the most part he is more interested in his own thing than her but he calls her "baby" and when he sees things of hers laying around the house he says "baby". Briana seems to be adjusting as well. At this point she is sleeping a ton. The first night home she was up 4 times and last night 3. She is a very hungry little girl and actually ate her whole bottle at birth which shocked the nurses and she has kept up since then eating very well. She will pretty much only wake up when she is hungry. She is so beautiful and very sweet. We are amazed by how much she looks exactly like Brody did when he was born. I had a feeling they would look very similar but it is crazy to see how much. Thanks to everyone who visited us at the hospital, and for all the calls, emails and text messages, it means so much to us. We can't wait for everyone to meet the newest addition to our family!
No comments:
Post a Comment