Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Absolutely Adorable!





I remember being pregnant with Brody and before we knew if he was a boy or a girl I would look at clothing and things for both genders. I always saw all these bows, headbands, etc for girls but never really felt the need to have those types of things. Once we found out Brody was a boy I really had no need to look in the girls section whatsoever so I hadn't looked at girls clothes in a long time! When we found out we were having a girl this time, I began slowly looking at girls things even though we haven't really purchased anything clothes or accessory wise for her as there are many basic things she needs before we buy extras. I was at a bridal shower a few weeks ago and a Grandmother there was showing off pictures of her newborn Granddaughter. The baby was wearing a crochet hat and diaper cover in the pictures. I thought those were the two of the cutest things I had ever seen on a newborn. After asking around I found out about a website called Etsy.com where people can showcase and sell handmade things. Some of the vendors on there are very overpriced and since this was a "want" and not a "need" I was looking for the best product for the best price. After searching for quite awhile, I found a lady named Joyce Haus who has a store on there called "Crochet Hats by Joyce". She is a retired grandmother and great grandmother that does this on the side as a hobby. I found what I wanted on the website and ordered it. It is hard to know what you are going to get when you order offline, especially something custom made by hand, but let me tell you this lady is FANTASTIC!!! I am so pleased with what I got, it is absolutely beautiful! Not to mention she custom made it from my order and I had it at my door in a week. I ordered a hat and diaper cover set plus 3 headbands with flowers. These would make a fantastic gift for any Mom to Be and her prices can't be beat. I know we don't usually put things like this on our blog but I was so pleased with her work that I had to recommend her to others. Her website is www.crochethatsbyjoyce.etsy.com Can't wait to see our baby girl wearing these!!

1 comment:

The Gorsh House said...

Love all the adorable accessories! My neighbor actually makes stuff like this and I have been waiting to give as gifts :) I LOVE Etsy that is where I purchased all of Carter's birthday decorations and birthday shirt. They have such unique stuff. You are going to have so much fun with baby girl! Hope you are feeling good.