Our weather is kind of funny right now, two steps forward towards warmer temps and then three steps back with days and days of rain. It was 82 degrees on Wednesday and is in the high 50's today. Crazy! We are not letting it get us down though! We try our best to get outside everyday and make the best of the weather as long as it is not raining!
We have been having some serious work done on our house over the past few weeks. Our basement has been re waterproofed and although we had some trouble with these last rounds of storms we really do feel like the problem is almost under control. The waterproofers came back this week and opened up a small area they will be fixing soon and that should eliminate the problem. After almost 6 years of water problems and going back and forth with waterproofing Tim and I are so hopeful this works but I know we will both bite our tongues every time it rains. Even in our next house I am sure we will both still worry every time it rains. Fingers crossed this does the trick. We also had new carpet but in our toy room and had part of our driveway and sidewalk repaired this week too.
Brody continues to be enjoying school and things seem to be going well. He is now going 3 days a week and I have been given the option to send him everyday this summer but I think I am just going to do 4 days for the summer and then 5 days in the fall. This way we can still enjoy our summer with one free day to do what we want. He will continue to just go 2 hours a day. He is getting better with the sitting for carpet time and activity time and I think the more he goes the more he will adjust. As a teacher I definitely know little boys and know how much they don"t like to sit! He brings home lots of "work" he does each day and is always proud to tell us what he has done. His speech continues to take off and I can definitely hear him picking up things from the other kids. He continues to amaze us with how bright he is and we are working on beginning reader books right now and he is doing great with recognizing a lot of words as we read together. He knows a ton of sight words and most of the beginning readers are made up of sight words so he can read a lot of the books without trouble. He is definitely in the phase of saying the funniest things and not realizing how funny he sounds! He is still very silly and full of energy, all boy for sure!
Briana continues to change all the time and is definitely carrying on with her little attitude! :) She now has facial expressions that we call "the look of death" and she will give those out on a daily basis, mostly to people she doesn't know who try to talk to her. She is talking, talking, talking and now has some three word sentences. She loves the word "no" and I am pretty sure we hear it a hundred times a day! When she is asked to do something she will say No...and follow it with whatever you asked her to do. "No eat, No night night, No shoes on." The other day I was going through all of the kids winter and summer clothes and gave her some shoes from last year to try on to keep her occupied while I went through the clothes. She shoved her feet into a pair of dress shoes and said "they fit Mommy!!" and threw a huge fit when I wouldn't let her wear them out of the house. Such a diva at 1, crazy to think what 16 will bring!! It is so hard to believe she is going to be 2 in a little over 2 months! I am hard at work planning her party! She is so funny as well and says the funniest stuff all the time!
Tim did his biggest show of the year last week and spent a week in Baltimore. The kids and I kept busy while he was gone and enjoyed some time just the three of us but it is always better when Daddy is home! I think they both really "got it" this time that he was gone and because it was a longer trip they both asked several times a day where he was and were thrilled to have him home! He ended up getting delayed and got home a day later than he was suppose to because of weather.
50 degrees yesterday!
12 years ago
No comments:
Post a Comment