Sunday, February 26, 2012

Preschool Here We Come!!















This past week has been very exciting for our family as we signed Brody up for preschool this fall! I haven't talked much about this up until now because I wasn't positive he would get in due to the fact that they only have one section for 3 year olds and only take 16 kids. I got up bright and early last Tuesday with the thought of having to wait in a long line but luckily I was the first one there. Brody is going to be attending preschool at John F Kennedy Catholic School. I have been researching preschools for the past year and after visiting JFK a few months ago I knew instantly this was the best fit for our family and most importantly for our son. We went to open house in the evening last Tuesday and Brody was very excited and loved his new classroom. We talk about it often and call it "Brody's School" and "Mrs. Jordan's Class". I can not express enough how much I absolutely LOVE his teacher!! She is great and I can tell she really loves what she does. She has been there 10 years which makes me feel super comfortable. I obviously am super picky about preschool programs considering my background as a teacher and also with my experience serving on a state quality standards committee for area preschools. JFK's preschool and elementary programs are both highly ranked in the state. I am super excited for Brody to have this opportunity and even though it will be very, very hard on me to be away from him on Tuesday and Thursday mornings I know he will be in great hands!

Yesterday was Briana's first time going swimming. Of course my camera died when we got there so I did not get any pictures :( but she really enjoyed it. We recently joined the Y for a variety of reasons, but one definitely being we can take the kids swimming whenever we want. The Y in Bettendorf has a zero depth entry pool so it is shallow for Brody and Briana and I were able to just sit in the water and splash and play while Brody played with Daddy. She loved watching her brother and all the kids. We were planning on signing Brody up for swim lessons this up coming month but the session was full so we will have to wait until April. We had so much fun, can't wait to go again!

Another exciting thing that happened this week is we finally got some snow!! I never thought I would be wishing for it but I was so Brody could play in it! We went out twice on Friday, once just Brody and me and then with Daddy and Jackson when Daddy got home. I made us some snow paint which was a lot of fun! Brody and I made a small snowman and he painted all over him. The weather was warm the last two days so most of it is gone already but I am glad we had one more chance to play in it before spring.

Today is Aunt Melissa's birthday so we would like to wish her a very Happy Birthday!!! We hope you have a wonderful year to come!!

No comments: