Monday, November 28, 2011

So many reasons to be thankful.....














Last week we celebrated Thanksgiving. It is hard to believe that one year ago on Thanksgiving morning I woke Tim up with Brody holding a sign that said "I'm thankful for the baby in Mommy's tummy" to tell him that we were pregnant. Here we are a year later with our two beautiful, healthy children and I know we will both agree that those are the two things we are most thankful for this holiday season.

We did things a little different this year and had Thanksgiving at my parent's restaurant. It was so nice to have it there because the kids could be kids and we were not surrounded by tons of people. Some of the family that had not met Briana yet got to meet her which was nice. After lunch we went to Grandma Candy's for snacks and desserts. On Friday I worked my usual Black Friday morning shift at 4am and then also helped my friend Matt out by working at his store, Hollister, that night until close. This made for a long day and way too much time away from my kids so next year I will just stick with my morning shift at Express.

On Saturday we took the kids to see Santa. Brody has always loved this the past few years and this year he was not at all afraid of Santa, but he did not want to sit still at all for pictures (imagine that!!) The picture that we got is not bad but I loved the ones from the past two years where he has been clapping and smiling. I guess at least he isn't crying in the picture. ;)

Happy Thanksgiving everyone! We hope you had a safe and enjoyable holiday!

No comments: