Thursday, October 6, 2011

First trip to the apple orchard, two months old and two month check up















This past Sunday Brody and I went on his first trip to the apple orchard. He was very excited when I told him we were going to go! We went with Grandma Barb, Aunt Melissa and Julia and Maggie. Daddy stayed home with Briana. It was nice to spend some one on one time with Brody. He enjoyed the hay rack ride and even picked a few apples off the tree. He did not get the concept 100% and wanted to throw the apples rather than put them in the bag. We did get some in the bag and used some of those apples to make apple crisp yesterday. Brody enjoyed reading all the number markings on the rows of apple trees. He really wanted to run free but there were a lot of people there so he had to stay close to Mom. He seemed to really enjoy it and we hope to do it again next year.

This week we made Halloween Pumpkin cookies. I bought the kind that were already sliced just to see how Brody and Jackson would do with them. They did pretty good so hopefully next time we can make some from scratch. Brody has officially hit the period of "terrible twos" and thankfully it does not happen everyday but if things are not going his way he will throw a big fit. I try to ignore it and just keep in mind that it is his age. He still is our sweet little boy most of the time but when those tantrums come on, watch out!! I was kind of hoping that we would just pass over this stage since we made it to 2 and a half years without it happening but from what all my friends tell me 3 is much worse than 2 so I guess we have plenty of time to go. Brody is repeating EVERYTHING we say and his language has really blossomed over the past few weeks. I know I am biased but he really is such a smart little guy. We continue to work on new concepts all the time and he loves to play "school". I am such a proud Mommy by all that he can do!

Briana turned two months old last week and as of yesterday she is 9 weeks old. The time is flying by, as pretty much the last two and a half years of our lives have. Today we had Briana's two month appointment with our doctor. She is doing great! She weighs 11 pounds 7 ounces (Brody weighed 11 pounds 6 ounces at this appointment, so very close!). She is in the 47% for weight. She is measuring at 21 inches which is only in the 2% for height but the doctor does not seemed concerned (Brody was only 21 and a half inches at this appointment, so not much difference there either). Her head is measuring 40 cm which puts her in the 89% for her head, must be her huge brain!! :) I love having appointments and hearing how well they are doing, always makes you feel great as a Mom! She had a first round of shots and we both cried but she is taking a nice nap now and I always remind myself that vaccinations are for the best. Briana continues to get stronger by the day and so I decided to try to Bumbo seat with her this week and she really seems to like it. It gives her a different view of things. She is definitely the baby of a million expressions right now. She is so sweet, we just adore her. I thank God everyday for blessing me with two wonderful kids! I love them both so very much, I am so lucky!!!

No comments: